New License with Saban Brands Will Power Up Dozens of Electronics, Musical Instruments, Mobile and Gaming Accessories for the Iconic Franchise
NEW YORK TOY FAIR 2014 (February 16, 2014)—Sakar Internationaltodayannounced a new licensing deal with Saban Brands that will delivera new super chargedlineup of Power Rangers electronics, adventure gear, audio products, mobile accessories and more forthe No. 1 boys live-action series currently airingits 21stseason.
Sakar announced the new deal covering every product category at the 111thAnnual Toy Industry Association’s International Toy Fair® 2014 in New York. The company expects products to hit store shelves in the U.S., Canada and Mexico for fourth quarter 2014 ahead of the debut of the series’all-new 2015 season.
“The Power Rangers franchise isa global phenomenon with a 20-year-plus history of engaging both boys and girls with exciting action-adventure while teaching principles of teamwork, friendship and character,” said Liza Abrams, VP of Licensing for Sakar.“Each year, the adventures get bigger and better. We’re very pleased to put Sakar’s legacy of quality products and kid-friendly design behind the worldwide powerhouse brand.”
A global brand that has been one of the top 10 boys action properties for two decades, the Power Rangers franchise is one of the widest-distributed, most-watched television programs for kids. Airing in over 150 markets, plus on demand through the most popular streaming services, the Power Rangers series commandsover4millionviewers each week and is a top-rated show on Nick.com and the Nickelodeon app.
The new line of Power Rangers products will include:
- Vivitar-brand Camelio tablets, including Power Rangers Personality Packs, cases, chargers, docks and more.
- Digital cameras and video recorders, each with themed cases and accessories.
- MP3/MP4 players, headphones, ear buds, speakers, docks and chargers.
- Cases, skins and protective covers for cell phones, portable gaming systems, laptops and tablets.
- Youth electronics ranging from walkie-talkies and text messengers to boom boxes, karaoke machines and alarm clock radios.
- Musical instruments includingkeyboards, drums, microphones and acoustic and electric guitars.
- Spy gear, such as night vision glasses and goggles, intruder alert kit, tracking and surveillance gear, listening devices, voice changer, security scanner, metal detector and more.
- Mice, mouse pads, keyboards, USB flash drives and other computer accessories.
- Power Rangers adventure kits that will include a camera, binoculars, flashlight, telescope, compass and more in a 3- or 5-piece set.
To learn more about the new line of Power Rangers products by Sakar, visit Booth #1659 at the New York Toy Fair 2014 going on now through February 19 at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center or go to www.sakar.com.