Global youth electronics leader Sakar International today announced it will launch a new line of Sesame Street electronic products and accessories this Spring, under a new licensing deal with Sesame Workshop. The company previewed the new line at the 2015 Toy Fair New York, goingn now at the Javits Convention Center.
TOY FAIR, NEW YORK (February 14, 2015)—Global youth electronics leader Sakar International today announced it will launch a new line of Sesame Street electronic products and accessories this Spring, under a new licensing deal with Sesame Workshop. The company previewed the new line at the 2015 Toy Fair New York, going on now at the Javits Convention Center.
“Sesame Street is a global phenomenon with unparalleled audience reach in more than 150 countries with its fun, educational messaging that’s become a staple of childhood learning for three generations,” said Liza Abrams, VP of licensing for Sakar. “These new products feature everyone’s favorite characters, like Elmo, Cookie Monster and Abby Cadabby, to keep kids engaged, even after the show is over.”
Now in its 45th season, Sesame Street boasts a massive audience, averaging more than 5 million viewers each week in the U.S. and racking up more than 1 billion views on YouTube. Lauded by educational experts for its fun, engaging and holistic approach to education, the show has earned more Emmy Awards than any other program in TV history. There have been 90 million graduates of Sesame Street in the U.S. since the show debuted in 1969, all adding up to an unprecedented market breadth, reach and depth.
Sakar’s new Sesame Street products are designed to appeal to the broad range of Sesame Street fans from children to teens & adults, including:
- A microphone stand with a built-in slot to hold an iPod or MP3 player so that little voices can sing along with their favorite Sesame Street tunes and other songs.
- Molded karaoke machines in favorite character designs like Elmo, with a built-in handle, perfect for karaoke fun on the go.
- Kids Safe volume limiting headphones that protect little ears from hearing damage by reducing maximum volume by 20%.
- A range of functional, child-sized musical instruments, including guitars, keyboards, drum sets and more.
- Portable speakers, ear buds, USB drives, phone & tablet cases – perfect electronic accessories for the fans who grew up with Sesame Street.
For more information about Sakar’s new line of Sesame Street products due in-store this Spring, visit Sakar at Booth #1717 during the 2015 Toy Fair New York going on now through February 17, or visit www.sakar.com.