Camelio Kits, Mobile & Audio Accessories, Consumer Electronics & More to Feature Both Classic & Updated Styling Themed After the Upcoming 3D Movie
TOY FAIR, NEW YORK (February 14, 2015)—Just ahead of their upcoming 3D animated feature film, beloved Peanuts® characters Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Woodstock and more will debut on a new line of youth electronics, audio and mobile accessories and musical instruments by global youth electronics leader Sakar International. Sakar announced the new Peanuts licensing deal with PEANUTS Worldwide today at the 2015 Toy Fair New York, going on now at the Javits Convention Center.
Sakar’s line of Peanuts products will include both the Peanuts Classic styling, as well as updated designs styled after the new feature film—the first in some 35 years, timed to commemorate the 65th anniversary of the iconic comic strip.
Peanuts is widely considered one of the greatest comic strips of all time. Generations of adults and children of all ages have adored Charles Schulz’s lovable cast of characters, making it the most widely published and longest-running comic strip in history. The Peanuts franchise includes numerous television specials, including Emmy-nominated and Emmy award-winning holiday programs. The Peanuts Movie is set for release in November 2015.
“The Peanuts brand and its characters are international cultural icons,” said Liza Abrams, VP of licensing for Sakar. “The new film will no doubt generate a lot of excitement, introducing Peanuts to yet another generation of soon-to-be fans. These new products are designed to appeal to both kids who are just discovering Charlie Brown and the gang for the first time, and to adults who have become lifelong fans.”
Sakar’s lineup of licensed products include:
- Camelio Personality Kits, including bumper case and downloadable content to personalize your Camelio kid-friendly tablet with a Peanuts theme.
- Mobile accessories, including smartphone and tablet cases, chargers, power banks and styluses.
- Audio products, such as Bluetooth-enabled and corded speakers, headphones and earbuds.
- Consumer electronics like boom boxes, CD players, alarm clock radios, digital and video cameras.
- USB flash drives for adorable portable data storage.
- Youth toys and electronics, such as flashlights, walkie-talkies, text messengers, password journals, karaoke machines, karaoke mics and sing-a-long portable karaoke devices.
- A wide range of musical instruments, including acoustic and electric guitars, keyboards and upright piano, dance mats, microphones, drums, tambourines, recorders and multi-instrument musical kits.
For more information about Sakar’s new line of Peanuts products due in-store this Spring, visit Sakar at Booth #1717 during the 2015 Toy Fair New York going on now through February 17, or visit www.sakar.com.